A criação desta rede e site foi possível graças ao apoio financeiro da Comissão Europeia. As atividades e publicações da Rede são da responsabilidade dos organizadores da rede (Development Education Research Centre) e não podem, de modo algum, ser vistas como refletindo as opiniões da Comissão Europeia.
10th Anniversary special issues of International Journal of Development Education and Global Learning now available.
The International Journal of Development Education and Global Learning was first published 10 years ago. In 2008, the field had minimal academic recognition and the journal was launched as an academic response to the increased public and educational interest in learning and understanding about the wider world.
Since then, while international funding for global education shares the depressing state of decline experienced by all development work, research in the field - and in the related areas of global education, global citizenship and global learning - is thriving and expanding.
This special issue reflects on and celebrates the differing ways in which development education and global learning have grown and had wider impact.
- Doug BOURN - Guest editorial
- Christine SÄLZER & Nina ROCZEN - Assessing global competence in PISA 2018: Challenges and approaches to capturing a complex construct
- Massimiliano TAROZZI & Carla INGUAGGIATO - Implementing global citizenship education in EU primary schools: The role of government ministries
- Dalila P COELHO, João CARAMELO & Isabel MENEZES - Why words matter: Deconstructing the discourses of development education practitioners in development NGOs in Portugal
- Rachel TALLON & Andrea MILLIGAN - The changing field of development and global education resource provision in New Zealand
- Gregor LANG-WOJTASIK - Transformative cosmopolitan education and Gandhi’s relevance today
- Marina WAGENER - What do young people learn when sponsoring a child in the Global South? Empirical findings from Germany
- Rachel CASALI - Perception and positionality: Adult refugee and migrant students’ understandings of the global citizen identity in British society
For more information about the International Journal of Development Education and Global Learning, and for details on how to contribute, visit the publication's page at UCL Institute of Education Press.