Global Education Digest Offical Launch.
Members and non-members alike are encouraged to attend this brief launch event of the Global Education Digest 2020, the latest edition of the project's bibliographies of global education research and materials.
This 2020 edition is newly multilingual in it's focus, incorporating material that has been published recently in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish through collaborative work with members internationally.
The event will be hosted via Zoom and will include some interactive elements for participants. Zoom links will be sent out at least an hour before the meeting.
Note: The timings are given in GMT. (9:30 -10:30 GMT)
- Opening remarks / Welcome greetings: Global Education Network Europe Chair Annette Scheunpflug (Uni. of Bamberg) and Agata Sobiech (European Commission's Development Education and Awareness Raising Programme)
- Digest overview: Project lead Massimiliano Tarozzi (Uni. of Bologna)
- Introduction to the contributor teams: 2 minutes each
- Multilingualism and empowerment: Contributor La Salete Coelho (University of Porto & Polytechnic of Viana do Castelo)
- Discussion with civil society and policy-focused representatives
- Concluding remarks: Liam Wegimont (GENE) and ANGEL Advisory Board Chair Doug Bourn (UCL Institute of Education)
This project has been coordinated by the Development Education Research Centre (DERC) and Global Education Network Europe in the framework of ANGEL activities. ANGEL (Academic Network on Global Education & Learning) is the academic network of global education researchers and academics. Note: The production of the Digest has been made possible with co-funding from the European Union.
Spread the word
The ANGEL network relies on the contributions and input of its members. If you have access to tools or networks for spreading the word about the launch of the Digest, please feel free to use the below media assets to facilitate sharing and dissemination.