Policy and Practice: Call for papers.
The Centre for Global Education is inviting contributions to Issue 30 of their bi-annual, peer reviewed, open access journal Policy and Practice: A Development Education Review on the theme:
“Development Education and Climate Change”. The issue hopes to address question such as:
- How can development education and related ‘adjectival’ educations best collaborate with the new popular mobilisations for climate action to address the climate crisis?
- How has the media represented the climate strikes and the more nuanced role played by children as activists and purveyors of change?
- Are there examples of good practice in climate change education in formal and informal settings that can be shared in an article?
- Are there new resources on climate change education consistent with good practice in development education that could be discussed in an article?
- What is the connection between growth, neoliberalism and climate change? How do we square the circle of economic development and a sustainable marshalling of the world’s natural resources?
- What does a Green New Deal look like and what are the steps we need to take to get there?
Authors interested in submitting an article should send a 300 word abstract by Friday, 25 October 2019.