ANGEL Conference 2019.
Building on the success of the Global Learning conference organised by the Development Education Research Centre (DERC) in May 2017, we will be running another conference on 9 & 10th of May 2019 here at the Institute of Education in 2019. Registration will be open on the 31st January 2019.
The Conference will be aimed at academics, researchers, policy-makers and practitioners from around the world and it is anticipated that papers and presentations will cover all sectors of education, evidence from empirical based research as well as academic discussion on how to influence policy-makers.
The Conference will include a mixture of keynote presentations, academic papers and presentations from empirical research, debates on key issues and opportunities for meetings of specialist Journal boards, early career researchers, NGO practitioners and policy-makers. It is also planned that there will be parallel sessions covering themes that emerge in our submissions, and which could be expected to cover school based education, further and higher education and informal learning.
The conference aims to address 4 key themes:
- Current challenges for global education
- Opportunities created by the Sustainable Development Goals
- Relationship to formal or further and higher education or informal forms of learning
- Influencing policy-makers and contribution to policy development at a regional, national, European or international level
Registration is via the UCL Online Store, with Early Bird rates available until the end of March.
ANGEL member: £120
Doctoral students / Early career researcher: £60
Attendee from developing country: £60*.
* As defined by the current International Monetary Fund list.