Theme: "Human rights, peace and sustainability in education".
At this free one day conference, held at Uppsala University, scholars from different parts of the world will discuss the implementation of global citizenship education (GCED) in Sweden, South Africa, United States, India, Germany, France, England and New Zealand.
The conference will highlight the interplay of different dimensions of human rights, peace and sustainability in education today from a global perspective.
- Keith Barton, Indiana University Bloomington: Citizenship education in a global perspective.
- Felisa Tibbitts, Columbia University: Global Citizenship and Teacher Education.
- Thomas Potthast, Tübingen University: Ethics of educating for sustainability.
- Paul Enright, Logan High School, Dunedin: Putting the Curriculum into Practice.
- Anamika, University of Delhi: Human rights, peace and sustainability in education: A Case of India.
- Johan Wasserman & Denise Bentrovato, University of Pretoria: Controversial issues related to human rights as experienced
- by pre-service history teachers in South African schools.
- Oakleigh Welply, Durham University: Comparative studies of knowledge, skills and attitudes in classrooms.
- David Kronlid, Uppsala University: Normative versus biased approaches in education for sustainability.
- Thomas Nygren, Uppsala University: The complexity of implementing international understanding.
Please see the attached document for more details.
Timings: 10:15 - 16:00. Department website: http://www.edu.uu.se/