Call for papers
Åbo Akademi University calls for papers on “Curriculums for Social Justice” for May 2020 seminar.
The minority research profile at Åbo Akademi University is looking for submissions for inclusion in its fifth annual seminar, taking place in Vaasa, Finland from May 6th to 8th, 2020.
The aim of the event is to "collectively discuss how to develop justice-oriented pedagogies."
"With permeating signs of racism, harassment and violence, as well as increasing social inequalities both locally and globally, there is a need to reflect on the role of education in relation to social justice."
Confirmed keynote speakers at the seminar are:
- Vanessa Andreotti (University of British Columbia),
- Audrey Bryan (Dublin City University),
- Nancy Commins & Kara Viesca (University of Colorado, Denver & University of
- Nebraska, Lincoln, joint keynote),
- Pigga Keskitalo (University of Lapland),
- Mariana Souto-Manning (Teachers College, Columbia University),
- Greg Wiggan (University of North Carolina, Charlotte)
Submissions are due by September 30, 2019