Call for participation in Special Interest Group on teacher education.
Having developed a large and broad membership base, ANGEL is now seeking to establish a series of Special Interest Groups (SIGs), partly in response to specific suggestions from the membership.
One of the most mentioned possibilities has been a special focus on teacher education, and particularly - what is the evidence and research on approaches to global education and global citizenship education within teacher education provision?
Hence, we invite academic members to put themselves forward as members, or coordinators, of a SIG on teacher education. This SIG will function as something of a pilot group, with others planned to launch in the near future.
Proposed / possible activities:
- Regular online meetings to compare approaches to teacher education and share research
- Developing joint funding proposals
- Space within the ANGEL website to share issues emerging from the group
- Symposium at relevant ANGEL conferences and events
- Opportunity to coordinate special issues of journals that ANGEL has relationships with
- Bring together series of papers that could form a book to be published within the ANGEL book series on global citizenship education with Bloomsbury
Support for the establishment and running of such a group would be provided by the secretariat of ANGEL. Convenors for the working group should be identified from within the Group and take on the role for a maximum of three years.
Want to join?
Vote for convenors
Voting is ongoing for the position of convenor for the SIG, which now has over 45 members. You can vote up until 12:00 on the 22 Sept (London time). To vote, just email us your choice. Please find below the candidates, with hyperlinks to a document with their biography and also their reasoning for their interest in the role.
- Mónica Lourenço (Universidade de Aveiro)
- Qudsia Kalsoom (Beaconhouse National University)
- Benjamin Mallon (Dublin City University)
We would like invite SIG members to register for the first meeting of this group, which will be hosted on Zoom on the 28th Sept 13:00 - 14:00 London time. This first short meeting will function as a 'meet and greet', and a chance to put forward ideas on the focus of the group's work.
Please note we plan to record this meeting for SIG members who can't make the date.
Do you have an idea for a SIG?
Members are also encouraged to suggest other SIGs on themes that could attract at least 10 people. Please be in touch and we will initiate further calls for participation similar to this one.